Sunday, October 17, 2010

{Fitness Center = Awesome}

The KU Fitness Center is freaking amazing. I knew it was going to be great when I first used it; new machines, clean machines, quiet environment, neutral paint colors on the wall.

What I didn't know was how much better the machines are than those I am used to using.

For example, on Thursday I went with my iPod half charged and I was worried it'd run out of juice. I decided to get my sweat on and do cardio before working on weight training. So I sat on a stationary bike for 25min (6miles!) and lo and behold! an iPod hookup! Not only did it sync to the touch screen I used to program my workout, but it CHARGED the thing, too! I plugged in my headphones directly to the machine, used the touch screen to control my playlist and I was offfffff.

I biked over imaginary hills and felt the sweat drip as I reached the peak of a city street before the quick ride down and my cool down.

It was a great workout.

I've been 4 times now (every other day-ish) and I can't wait until tomorrow morning.

I've been 'stretching' my muscles at home, too. {I'm painting my sewing room and baseboards and trim have been first}.


I'm down 2 lbs. depending on when I weigh myself!

No comments: