Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's a Halloween Miracle!

I haven't had a single piece of chocolate candy this Halloween season. It just hasn't sounded good to me. I don't think it was really a conscious decision (in fact, I know it wasn't because I've made up for it by eating brownies), but it's weird for me to think that I haven't had candy yet. I'll eat some tomorrow, I'm sure.

But the real Halloween miracle is that my sausage fingers are a bit less sausage-y now. For the past 3 years I haven't been able to get my wedding ring over my knuckle because of the puffiness I added to the hand area.

Well, no MORE! With a bit of coaxing, I can get my ring off! Now, really, it's not like I've been dying to have the symbolic hunk of metal off my finger, but it's been really tight and just knowing it doesn't come off is a bit scary. Especially because it's not gold (which can be easily cut off in a pinch), but platinum...much tougher to saw through if some freak emergency would warrant it.

But what I'm most excited about having it able to be so easily taken off is that I can get it cleaned and refinished! It's about time! I haven't had it refinished since right before our wedding (we were engaged for 7 months and it got dinged up a bit) and the satin side is no longer satin and the shiny part is no longer shiny. Just a dull finish.

Question is...do I send it off in the mail now or wait until next time we're in Utah?

Time for a call to our jeweler.

2 comments:

exclusive_remedy said...

That's pretty darn exciting. It is one thing to know you are losing weight because of the numbers but it is totally different when the hard work pays off in tangible evidence like that. Keep it up girl! I am so proud!

Kayleigh said...

Well... I could get your ring from you when I visit in December and then you could get it back when you are in UT for Christmas... ?