Saturday, March 14, 2009

7am on a Saturday

It really doesn't sound like a good idea to be up at that time, no? At least not voluntarily.

{If you ask Ryan, it wasn't voluntarily}

But we slacked yesterday and didn't get our Monday-Wednesday-Friday workout in. I'm actually glad for, though. We tend to sleep in on Saturdays until 10 or 11ish and then we stay up til 1 or2am and gripe about getting up for church. church isn't until 11. boohoo us, right?

wrong.

It feels good. Like we're actually in this together.

What really sucks is that I feel like I have to work twice as hard to see even close to the results. I was pumping on the stationary bike SO hard I thought I was going to pop a kneecap or something and I still burned less calories than Ryan {well, then again, that's according to a machine}, and didn't 'ride' as far. At least I got my heartrate up to where I wanted it to be.

All I have to say is {yes, there's more} I'm glad I'm somewhat competitive. I'd see his RPMs and bump mine up to 10 more. I'd see his distance creep past mine and I'd ride harder.

In the end, we'll both win.

No comments: