Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Odds were Against Me

Today I woke up with a sore throat and a headache and NO desire to go workout.

Even as I drove to the fitness center I was contemplating a U-turn, mentally and literally.

But then things just fell into place.

-I got the best parking spot/meter that gives you 30min for a quarter instead of 15min. The only one in the whole lot.
-Within two minutes of me getting on a treadmill, "my" treadmill opened up.
-I had an hour left of The Biggest Loser loaded on my ipod to watch.

So, the workout that almost wasn't, was.

In fact, it was 3.3 miles.

Sixty minutes.

And then I tossed in some weight-lifting for good measure. Hey, the Biggest Loser was about to reveal the recently voted-off contestant and how he/she looks today. That's the whole reason to watch, right?

So, world=1, me=0.

But I'll take those any day.

No comments: